Wednesday 7 July 2010

Veee Zaaaa

Because of the unique relationship I find myself in, when Jon comes to visit every second is Jon and Vikki time, nothing can be lost.

I packed him up, and I packed a bag of mine up and sent him home on the plane this morning. When I say sent I really mean pleaded with him to stay and had moistened eyes.

The past three weeks have been so fast, and the rest of the summer is pretty much null and void. I hate being away from that love of mine.

So three weeks of awesome included: An attempt to find the Devil's Pulpit (which was a fail) and a trip to rowardennon to see the 'other' side of Loch Lomond; an awesome temple trip to Preston; a night shift for iPhone 4 and a subsquent day of Kris and Jon playing Wii and me sleeping and then going to see the new iPhone; a Dundee/St Andrews trip that involved seeing my old art school, showing Jon all of the places I lived, the 24 hour bakery, throwing Jellyfish into the sea on St Andrew's beach and ended with me getting pooped on by a bird (Jon has photos of this and also found it hysterically funny); a walk around Mugdoch country park with my mother; an amazing Patsy dinner; previews of eclipse; watching greenberg; stirling castle with a friend that randomly showed up in Glasgow at church (she's from Utah); a lot of eating at wagamamas, mcdonalds, going to asda, watching who wants to be a millionaire, and other such random tv shows and movies; me working a lot and Jon hanging out in the city centre on his own. There was actually nothing better than finishing work and having Jon meet me immediately after. It was the best.

Our last couple of days together I developed I random chesty tickley throat cough which made me feel pretty heinous, so we didn't do much in the run up to the departure.

Other random awesome things to mention is that we got a third quarter pounder when we only wanted two; the second bag I sent with Jon with my skateboard (yus!) and some shoe boxes and coats and stuff wasn't charged by the airline — I stood with Jon while he checked in this morning and waited to pay for the bag, but they didn't mention it... so they may just have charged his credit card or something, we'll find out in a few days I suppose... if they haven't then I am very pleased at getting one load of stuff across without having to shell out unnecessary cash. I'm still livid that we have to pay for a second bag these days... utter rubbish. Jon and I had our engage-aversary on the 1st of July... And I GOT MY VISA....

I GOT MY VISA, I GOT MY VISA, I GOT MY VISA.



I blurred all the important identity/visa stealing bits out... I hope. Gosh I am so excited. It expires on December 23rd which means I have six months to get out there and move. Which seems like ages, but 6 months went a little quick before, and I do hope that it's not down to the grind. I don't want to be here when winter starts. No siree. I kind of don't want to be here past September, and in actual fact wanted to be married before I turned 27, but that one is looking very unlikely. Sigh.

It's here though, no more waiting on illusive paperwork. It's done. Well part one anyway, but the rest of the parts don't keep Jon and I apart, which is the nice thing.




So the visa wasn't just a piece of paper in my passport, it is accompanied by this huge envelope which I think weighs about 1000000lbs. It's so heavy. Okay maybe like 3lbs, but it's still heavy, and that needs to be my carry on. It's huge. Seriously.

I knew not to open it, because I remember Toni opened hers and had to send it back to the embassy for them to reseal. It's so tempting to take a peek. I'm pretty sure it's just all my forms that I've already submitted and seen.




The two items came in a larger maroon plastic envelope... maroon? I do not know why... and I had to take a picture of the amazing way they spelled my name. I'm glad they were a million times stricter on identification for signing for the package otherwise I would never have got it.

I kind of got excited taking this picture thinking about my first piece of mail with my new name. New name new name la la la la la la.

gosh, I can't wait to be in the US, with Jon all the time ALL. THE. TIME. and getting on with life. Excited. Seriously. I love that boy, and things make a lot more sense and are a lot happier when he's about.

Love him.

No comments: