Wednesday 17 February 2010

Dreams

Recently I've been having some messed up dreams and a half.

Last night I started in ireland with my family and somehow got separated from them and was then kicking about with two people I went to Art school with. The two would never be friends in real life, but I was walking them home and they were saying that after our three years out we still had to go back and finish our honours year but they weren't going to do it because work was more important than the qualification. I told them I was going back to finish and I felt more like it was because I was not succeeding as a designer, but I didn't want them to know that so I told them it was because qualifications and paper matter because it's what sets us apart. But then, right before they were back at their flat I remembered I was moving and I was like 'Oh, i'm immigrating, I suppose I can't finish.' And that was the end of that.

The night before I had a dream that Jon was a hit man superhero. He was actually so awesome. So intelligent and smart at getting the job done. He had special powers of strength and agility and he was also this broody quiet character. My path and his kept meeting. It was like he was looking after me, but from afar.

In one scene of the dream he asked me to get him a pair of trousers. So I was using my super power (which was the same as Claire Bennett's from heroes — the power to regenerate) to get the trousers, which was really me just running up and trying to grab them. It was a whole suit meant to be. But I could only get the trousers, then some other guy was tugging at them and then Jon appeared and helped and essentially 'did it himself'. I then had to meet him in a hotel with the trousers, and somehow, i'm vague on the details, some random guy got 'taken care of' by Jon. So we had to leave the hotel room and he sent me off to do other errands because he was too dangerous to be around. I was then in a house with a guy that had a power and his wife was going to call an ambulance but he was protesting and I protested and I wanted to show him my power that we were the same, but the home help also had powers and she subtlety said don't you two talk about anything, you don't know who's listening, or something to that effect.

I then looked out the window and saw Jon, down the bottom of a cliff by a river hanging out a red sports car dumping a body. He was so smart, and so brave, and so unstoppable. He was clever. he always knew what items he had to bring to make an assignment go to plan.



The night before that my dream was about the oscars being in Glasgow. I was given someone's plus one ticket because a journalist couldn't attend. My old friend from high school took the main ticket then I was her plus one. I was at work finishing off a late shift before heading to the ceremony. Right before the shift ended one of the managers came up with a box of opened but unused iPhones. he said 'I'm going to throw these out, do you want them... take them.' So I took one, then no one else took one, so I took another for Jon. They were both Black at the back though and I thought that was odd because i've always thought I'd get a black one.

I then went to the Oscar's and all these people kept thinking I was this guy journalist that couldn't be there... but I wasn't.


The funny thing is, that it is more likely that the Oscars would be held in Scotland than Apple giving away iPhones to the staff.



Another day I dreamed that there was an evacuation and a bomb in london. The Nazi's were coming and i was terrified and didn't know where to go. I was totally alone and couldn't get a bus or a taxi or a train out of there. All these British soldiers just kept appearing telling me to evacuate because there was an invasion. Then my sister and niece appeared and I was worried they would slow me down and depend on me to get them out of there. The last thing I remember was crouching by a bridge as all the Nazis crossed into london and I just hoped they wouldn't be interested in me.



In Another dream I was in some kind of diner/ice cream parlour in Dundee. The details of that one are vague, but there was paper involved.



In another dream I was involved in an occult sacrifice with Satan, there were loads of Nuns around and then there was a baby born in a hospital and I went down to see it.

I really worried about that dream for a day, but then I got over it.


In another dream I was engaged to someone I went to art school with, although they were meant to be Jon, but not really. But then the person just vanished and wouldn't text me back or answer my phone calls, and all my class mates were like... he just wanted to give you clean break, it's better this way.


In another gory dream loads of people had powers like in heroes and sylar, who didn't look like sylar, and I kind of had a thing for was on the rampage. He slaughtered loads of people in this house and I was looking for places to hide. he kept killing people in front of me. And finally he stopped. I was worried he was going to kill me, but it turned out I had never been mean to him. I specifically remember seeing people I knew from years ago dead on the ground with blood everywhere.



In another dream jon and I were in Ireland and there was a movie being filmed and there were characters that were meant to be Jon and Me, but then movie character Jon dumped movie character Vikki as part of the plot. Then the movie was meant to turn into something like saw, which I've never seen, but I know that the premise is something to do with self harming to escape from an unideal situation.



In another I was meant to be meeting an old friend but everytime I showed up at their house they weren't in, and they would go to my house and I wasn't in, and it was a frustrating disaster.



In another I was with Toni, Eilidh, and Toni's husband and then these mobsters were coming for us through a garden fence and i started to peg it with eilidh out through the close because we were in a back garden. Then I felt bad for leaving toni, then Eilidh and I got chased, and he was going to totally abuse us, but then i told him we were lesbians and he went away. Then I felt wretched for leaving Toni.



I think that's it for the weird freaky dreams. I have one every night, so I should really write more about them. They are crazy. Most of them are pretty much about people I've not seen in a long time from the past, about Jon, or about terrifying things. I might need to change my diet.

I actually do look up certain symbols in dreams, because I find it really interesting, and they are actually a lot more skewed than obvious. Blood in a dream is supposed to symbolise guilt I think, and babies are to do with renewal of life and changing life, and lesbianism is to do with being happy about certain characteristics of the self.

http://www.dreammoods.com/

That's the website I tend to use the most. I love just looking up random objects of things from my dreams and seeing if it is at all relevant.

No comments: