Wednesday 6 January 2010

Serving the Rich

Before christmas I served a lovely man, who shook my hand before leaving the shop, and his friend. He paid using a titanium American Express card. I thought nothing much of it at the time, and gave him some good old friendly banter.

Last week I struck up a conversation with another customer about the titanium card and the man told me that it was an American Express card and that there are a limited number of them in the world (he said 5000) and that if you have one you're pretty much in the elite of rich people.

I just looked it up on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card

I wish I could remember the man's name. I remembered for hours afterwards, but now, it's gone. Just to see who he actually is. Pretty wicked though. Apple is awesome.

No comments: