Tuesday 25 May 2010

Cookiescapades.

I mentioned the other day that I had made cookies. Oh yes. here are the pictures in their awesome glory.

I was given the cookies as a christmas present from a wonderful lady in the ward called Patsy, she makes the best food known to mankind and she gave out these cookies to a few lucky people, and she had a couple left over so she gave one to me and to Norma the other lady in nursery with Patsy and I.

They've sat for a few months and I decided to make them the other night. Everything in the jar is the dry ingredients and then she gave instructions on a little christmas card explaining how to make them.

Butter and eggs melted and mixed, then pour in all the dry stuff from the big jar and then mix it all and then bake it.

The biggest problem I have with baking cookies is that I have no patience to put tiny amounts on the tray and I try and squeeze as many on there as I can and just hope they don't form a giant cookie. Every time they seem to form a giant cookie. I need to get better at the actual cooking part I think.

The last two trays I did were more sparse and did come out cookie shaped rather than needing to be cut into cookie sizes and thus having straight edges.

I think the key is to not make all of them at once and have a lot more patience :)





























1 comment:

Tari said...

You know, you can take almost any cookie recipe and instead of making individual cookies, you can make them bar cookies by spreading the dough in the bottom of a glass baking dish or casserole dish. You just have to keep an eye on them while they bake- I would think they would need at least twice the cooking time and maybe a little more. That should help with the patience issue- but then you'd have to wait longer for a finished product! :)