Wednesday 5 May 2010

Mind your Z's and Q's.

So. Today has been a day of nothing.

I woke up, watched the OC. Made lunch, watched Lost. Procrastinated what I was meant to be doing. Sat around. Lay around. Ate dinner. Watched the OC. Then made a huge mess on my bedroom floor while pulling stuff off of shelves.

While pulling stuff off of shelves I came across a notebook/sketbook that I had used for my undergrad typography project. The project that earned me the title MISTD (yes, I have those letters at the end of my name). After undergrad the book was converted into a notebook for my YSA socialite organising days.

I was flicking through the pages amazed at what I used to be able to accomplish and then I came across the most random of things.



Yes this is something called Mind your Z's and Q's.

Z for Zero and Q for my friend Leigh's cat Quark.

The text says:

This is Zero.

She is skinny.

She has big ears

and likes to run around. This is her on a treadmill.

This is Quark.

She is not skinny.

She has normal ears

and likes to eat and sleep at the same time.

(*Speech bubble says 'Got Food')

Both cats have magical powers.

they can make their owners do things they want using their magic eyes.

they can use their eyes to control people's minds.

They can do anything they want.

They can play scrabble.

They can bake (a tune pie)

they can also dance

Sometimes thought they like to just be cats.



Now I have no idea what this was for. I really don't remember. Although as I was writing there I have a vague recollection of Leigh inquiring about children's story books. So perhaps that was my thinking.

Pretty wicked though, and a nice surprise.

On the other page...




I had drawn another couple of cat pictures of Zero and Quark, and made a list of another possible story I suppose it would be.



This is zero.

This is Quark.

Zero is trained as a ninja.

Quark is trained as a boxer.

Zero wants to be King.

Quark wants to be king.

They argue a little.

Still no one is king.

They use their fighting skills.

Still no one is king.

They use the power of their eyes.

Still no one is king.

They eat some food.

They decide to both be king.



This last image...




is my most favourite sketch of all the ones. Zero is doing a handstand and balancing quark. it makes me laugh.

When uploading my camera I found, of course, an array of images that i hadn't yet uploaded.




My odd shaped Peanut Butter M&M that miriam brought me back from Florida. She brought me a couple of bags. Not just one m&m.



My haribo jelly spider with a jelly web being spun, it made me laugh.



Last Tuesday I pulled out some boxes that I hadn't seen sice 2005 and I found an array of cat ornaments I had been given while in Dundee. The cat sat next to them and when I went to get my camera she moved, with much persuasion I was able to get this shot, but it was no where near as good at the first pose she was doing. Cats!





This is a pile of food: herbs, tuna, pasta. Things with long life spans on them. That I had packed in a box from Dundee in 2005 and they were still in that box unused and, surprise surprise of date. They are still sitting in a pile because I refuse to throw them out, it seems like the biggest waste ever. Sigh. I dislike myself for that one. When I moved back in in 2005 I never thought I would still be living here at all right now. The plan was to get a job, get a flat, and be awesome. So I kept my food for that day. Now, no one gets it. Lame.



I found a huge pile of coppers in my boxes and started counting them. Which led me to count all the change in piles in the house. On Thursday I took it to the bank and made £56.50. Which is in a jar next to me because I want to see the monetary exchange for all the stuff i'm trying to get rid of.



I was helping Kris with his art the other day and I was going to make him a stencil, and the only stencil paper I had left already had a stencil painted on it, this is Eric Prydz. He does electronic music or something I think. Well my old work had the possibility of doing something for him and as part of the design stuff I made this really quickly. Stencil Skills.

No comments: