Friday 24 April 2009

I <3 Dent.

It's been long time.

My life isn't exactly a barrell of laughs...

All my posts would be about financial woes, banks calling me, missing the boy, being scared of getting through passport control, missing toni, wishing i had an american job and visa, wishing I hadn't become a web design and just held out for some print design shizz, wondering if I should do my PhD, telling you that i got rejected from stanford... etc etc etc.

That and i'm feeling less inspired... and twitter takes my soul.

So, I'm here to tell you about my thumb.

Back in January I was zipping up my suitcase (because I've been living out a suitcase for a long time now) and I somehow jammed my thumb between that beautiful pink and black leopard print beauty and the end of the bed. The bed was made of some kind of solid ikea wood. It hit that bit of my thumb where the nail first appears and all my cuticle bits are hanging over. So my cuticle vanished for a while and was replaced with a red coloured cut and injury.

When I got home (almost 6 weeks ago now... only 2 weeks and 4 days, until I'm back) I took my nail varnish off and noticed a large dent in my thumb nail about a quarter of the way up and I had no idea why it was there, or what it was from.

It's taken me until this week to remember that it was the bed/suitcase incident that put the dent in my thumb.

The dent is now 3/4 of the way up my nail.

I like it.

It's my friend...

I'll be sad when it goes away. I might just have to grow my nail forever and be like that creepy gross guy that keeps his fingernails in a bag. They're so gross. I'm actually gagging thinking about that Jackass episode with him in it. Vomit.

What I'm amused by though, is the comfort I take from this nail dent. I am officially a girl, seeking symbolism and meaning in everything. The nail dent makes me happy because, even although it hurt like a shizzle fish at the time, it reminds me of happy living times.

I <3 the nail dent.

No comments: