Tuesday 4 August 2009

Done and Done: A New Ending.

Yo... my most favourite Eilidh in the world ever just wrote this:


Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.


This is why I love her.

I can imagine that she will help me to make my wedding be filled with dreams, sparkles, and pure love.

That's right I said wedding.

I think that's why Eilidh's quote is so fitting... I'm making a new ending.

At several differnet points in my life there have been different opportunities and choices that would have led to completely different endings. This ending makes me feel really warm and happy inside. It's possibly the healthiest ending I could possibly ever have been given.


Senor Juanathan McDonald proposed to me on the 1st of July 2009 with the most creative, and unique proposal ever.

Remember my post 'The best proposal in the world ever'? Well this one was actually the best of the best. Yes I am bias, but I am also a critic in the world of creativity and I say it was the best.

The evening started with me, sitting on the couch on my own watching some random TV stuff... Jon was playing golf and I was sitting. He came back for me around 6ish and then we went back down to the American Fork area to have dinner with the wonderful Dane and Amy and his other friend Bubba and his wife Jess (whom I'd never met before).

We ate sushi and had of the friendly banter and I splashed soy sauce all over myself because I'm cool. Toward the end of eating we were discussing which movie to watch that evening and it was decided that it would be Seven Pounds. At this point I had no idea anything was different or unusual. In hindsight I can see certain points of pure amusement when Amy said 'I'm going to guess that 4 or 5 out of the 6 of us will cry at the movie tonight.' At the time I thought nothing of it.

For some reason Jon has managed to develop odd allergies in his later life and he was having a terrible time trying to see because his eyes had completely blood shot from being outside playing golf. We jumped over to Wal Mart on the way back to Dane and Amy's house and while we were checking out Jon got a text from Dane asking to get ice cream or something.

We ran back to the aisle and picked something out and then came back to the self service bit.

While we were waiting a man (who I have now replaced with the Albino kid from Me, Myself and Irene) started beckoning me and looking right at me. At first I thought he was going to accuse us of stealing eye drops. So I said to Jon (without breaking eye contact with the odd Wal Mart man) I think that man wants us to go over to him.

Jon, being less paranoid than myself, realised the guy was just going to scan our items and let us pay with him.

So we were off to Dane and Amy's again.

I've hung out with Dane and Amy a lot and feel quite comfortable around them, Bubba and Jess I'd never met, so when we got into Dane and Amy's everyone was acting slightly odd... sitting strangely and with very strict posture. I just assumed that was the way Bubba and Jess interacted and how others interacted with them.

I kind of hesitated about where to sit because I realised one couple would have to sit appart for the movie duration, and I was willing to take the hit. Jon made some comment about getting the movie started and then seats were taken and I was left to sit in my 'usual' seat.

I felt terrible that all the couples were dispersed and was going to comment on maybe having a rearranging of people, and then I was going to suggest dishing ice cream, but everyone was so quiet and so filled with concentration it was totally intimidating so I just kept my mouth shut and let it happen.

Jon excused himself with a phone call and I commented 'Ahhh he's faking it' thinking it was a real call, and I was just being facetious. Little did I know it was a fake call and I was so right it was unreal haha.

The movie trailer started and one of the muppets from sesame street appeared... I was about to say.. Oh my gosh Jon would love this we should wait so he can see... but being intimidated by the room atmosphere I left it. I did look for him and think that he would love the muppets.

The muppet was bang on perfect, but he started interacting with people who looked a bit rough and i started getting a little suspicious, but thought nothing of it, just that it might have been a low budget movie. I started racking my brains about whether or not there was a muppet movie coming out and why Jon wouldn't have had me watch the trailer before. Then he appeared on the screen.. Jon himself was on the screen.

For a normal human that would be fine.... me... I'm still messed up, every night I'm convinced the TV characters will come alive now. I've always have difficulty determining the reality of Television. So he appeared on the screen wearing the same clothes he had been, it was as if he had walked outside and was now being filmed live or something. Crazy.

He started talking to Elmo and Super Grover the muppets and engaged in some pretty awesome conversation about how fantastic I was.

At first, my gut instinct was that he was in the movie and this was his way of telling me of his movie success... in actual fact, he made the movie, and the muppets, and wrote and staged the whole thing with the help of his awesome friends.

During his conversation with the muppets he mentioned that the next stage of our relationship would be the proposal, and he continued on to say that he had a hard time remembering what to do and how to do it.

At this point, I was slightly panicked, filled with pure adrenaline and having one of those semi-outer body experiences where it all feels like it's happening to someone else. It was happening to me though, and because it was on a TV screen I had a hard time believing it was real.

Jon and his muppet pals decided the best option would be for him to come back to the 'audience' and for the muppets to assist.

I might add that at one point the muppets pointed straight at where I was sitting, which makes it even more real and even more thought out.

My Love himself appeared back in the room and continued to interact with the muppets. They told him to first take the ring... at which point Jon said he didn't have one, and then the muppets threw one from the TV screen to Jon's hand. FROM THE TV TO HIS HAND... if nothing else messes you up that does.

And then they further instructed him and Jon himself my wonderful love and man and boy got on his knee (just like in the movies) and asked me to marry him.

At which point, with my ear sticking out through my hair, my face beaming with a huge smile, and my eyes almost tearing up (almost) I nodded and agreed with a uh-huh. Definitely lost for words.

The muppets congratulated me on saying yes, and then it was done.

Shell shocked and utterly pleased. I actually had to confirm a few times that it was all real and serious. It honestly didn't feel real at all, and then after the pure excitement and adrenaline rush I crashed into a quiet contemplative shell.. very happy though... very.

I must admit though, it was one of the easiest decisions i've ever made. Easiest.

Then a few days later I was on the plane home. Very sad.

No comments: