Wednesday 9 December 2009

Beards Part 1.

So yesterday my friend Marcus McBride was attacked randomly by some pure fannies on facebook for having a beard. This is how the transcript went. Going from a normal comment as his status to him being sent to hell and into drugs for having a beard.


Marcus McBride Is it sad that I don't care about school at all at this point!?! This semester is one big wash!
Yesterday at 16:39 · Comment · Like2 people like this.

Immanuel Corbett Shave your beard you disgrace
Yesterday at 16:42

Marcus McBride Immanuel, no where does it say that ones rightousness is tied to ones beard, or facial hair. It does say, however, in the scriptures jude not, lest ye be judged. I have spoke with Stake and Temple Presidents and they say me having a beard is fine and in no way a sin or negative impact on my spiritual growth. Thanks for your concern though.
Yesterday at 16:50

Jack Wilde Marcus..... come on dude... follow the brethren, clean shaven
Yesterday at 16:51

Antoinette Black Keep it Marcus! Me loves you and the beard ;)
Yesterday at 16:54

Immanuel Corbett For the strength of youth...
When you are well groomed and modestly dressed, you invite the companionship of the Spirit and can exercise a good influence on thosearound you.

Marcus we are representatives of the lord and we must be well groomed and wearing the lords attire. The brethren are the ultimate example of this.
Yesterday at 16:57

Jack Wilde aye Marcus it just says obedience is the first law of heaven, and it only says u should be clean shaven..... I do understand its hard to justify the wrong, and now we are commenting on it pride may step in….. but ur a good man, im sure u can handle it... P.S Amen manny boy
Yesterday at 17:00

Antoinette Black It's a well groomed beard! Lets be honest here...Marcus is the best dressed Man I know!

His beard is his choice.
Yesterday at 17:04

Immanuel Corbett Follow the brethren.......Boyd. k Packer
Yesterday at 17:05

Antoinette Black Then take of that tight pink "Team Edward" shirt! Is that not a girls shirt?
Yesterday at 17:06

Jack Wilde and any other way, every other way is madness...... Elder corbridge
Yesterday at 17:07

Antoinette Black That's it...I'm growing a beard :)
Yesterday at 17:08

Jack Wilde haha, ohh the PRIDE
Yesterday at 17:09

Immanuel Corbett No it's mine, i got it specially made. It is a PJ top antoinette. But thanks for looking ;)
Yesterday at 17:10

Antoinette Black hahaha....Well I hope it keeps you nice and warm, It's a lovely pink girly looking PJ shirt.

I think I may get one to go with my new beard :)
Yesterday at 17:12

Jack Wilde and with that u get a ♫one way ticket to hell
Yesterday at 17:13

Marcus McBride Ha ha ha ha ha ha Love you Toni!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday at 17:13

Antoinette Black Then I will see you there Jack :)

I love you Marcus. xoxox
Yesterday at 17:16

Jack Wilde don't be late babe....
Yesterday at 17:17

Immanuel Corbett "I have spoke with Stake and Temple Presidents and they say me having a beard is fine" hahahahahahaha
Yesterday at 17:18

Jack Wilde hahaha, imagin.... president can I get a beard please???
Yesterday at 17:19

Craig Bishop marcus + beard = righteous
Yesterday at 19:51

Elizabeth Manson I think you look really good with your beard Marcus. The Saviour himself has one :) ♥ hope your well. We need to catch up with a wee bleather soon x
Yesterday at 22:29

Luke Garroway In the minds of most people at this time, the beard and long hair are associated with protest, revolution, and rebellion against authority. They are also symbols of the hippie and drug culture. Persons who wear beards or long hair, whether they desire it or not, may identify themselves with or emulate and honor the drug culture or the extreme practices of those who have made slovenly appearance a badge of protest and dissent. In addition, unkemptness—which is often (though not always) associated with beards and long hair—is a mark of indifference toward the best in life. As Elder Sterling W. Sill has observed:

“A let-down in personal appearance has far more than physical significance, for when ugliness gets its roots into one part of our lives it may soon spread to every other part!
Yesterday at 23:48

Craig Bishop Long live Beards!
11 hours ago

Vikki Miller Dear Luke Immanuel and Jerk Wilde. I seriously SERIOUSLY hope that all of you have been joking when judging my super best friend. If you haven't then I seriously pity you all, because there is nothing more damning than judging someone else. There's also nothing more off-putting, utterly pathetic, arrogant, puffed-up, and negative in the church than when members turn against members.

The three of you should look in the mirror and take the mote out your own eye and stop bullying people on facebook. Seriously. And why are you being so cowardice and doing attacking someone amazing, righteous and holy in an anonymous manner. If you were at all to know Marcus, take the time to actually discuss doctrines of the church you would realise that he has more spirituality than most of the people I'm sure you guys know.

So seriously. Stop being so pathetic and blatantly bullying people online for no reason at all.

Losers


11 hours ago · Delete

Vikki Miller oh my gosh.

A big PS to the three of you.

I just looked at all of your profile pictures, respectively, and I've just realised why you're totally harassing my friend.

None of you have actually passed puberty yet and can actually grow beards.

Nevermind. I'm sure it will happen soon for you all. I'm rooting for you.

11 hours ago · Delete

Antoinette Black Vikki Miller I love YOU! I love when the Miller lays the smack down...POW POW POW.

ps- My husband has a problem with me growing a beard so I'm just gonna grow my leg hair out for a few weeks ;)
11 hours ago

Vikki Miller I have leg hair that's over a centimetre long.... GROSS! haha. It's the winter, and the boy is too far away from me. I'm allowed. :)
11 hours ago · Delete

Craig Bishop all hail vikki
8 hours ago

Lindsay Nicole Koehler I've told you before, Marcus. Your beard is good. I love it. Don't listen to these crazies who hate beards! They are probably just SO envious because their faces are cold this winter...I'm jealous and I'm TOTALLY with Antoinette on this one!

No comments: