Saturday 19 December 2009

Seven Swans a Swimming

Sometimes, when I feel sad, or tired, or exasperated I look at photos on etsy of my wedding dress. They always please me.

Today was the second anniversary of me being married to Kayleigh on facebook. Last year she sent me an anniversary card, if I was a good facebook wife friend I would have sent her something this year. If I was a good wife friend I would have sent her something for christmas as well. Instead I am a bad wife friend and haven't. I will do it though. I wish I didn't get paid in air, it would make everything a lot easier. I wish I had won the lottery on my birthday with the lottery ticket Kayleigh gave me, then I could have gone to Salt Lake and seen her for five minutes and bought her anniversary dinner. So many buts, and the plain truth is that I'm a bad friend.

In other news though, I managed to get into ANOTHER facebook fight today. Where are people coming from with their lamness. This is in no way as entertaining as the last beard fight, this is actually kind of messed up, and I think I say a bad word in the transcript. Bad person, bad friend. That's me. Maybe the P word isn't a bad word in America, thus making it okay, because Jesus is American after all. Right? That's what mormons believe, yeah?








I actually served an American woman today in apple. Americans in apple are starting to become common. I gave her some visa chat and she then said 'are you moving to Salt Lake?' and I was totally taken aback, but then she admitted to seeing my CTR and she informed me she had lived in Salt Lake for 13 years and that she loved it. I agreed. I know I moan sometimes about it, but it's still kind of awesome, and the public transport system isn't completely heinous, just as long as you want to stick to some main parts of town.

Anyway, it took me a while to work out that she herself was a mormon, she wasn't clear on that from the start. She told me of her current marriage, and mentioned her first marriage, and then she gasped and covered her mouth and said 'Oh I shouldn't talk about that,' I think I gave her a funny look and then attempted to calm her fears and inform her that I was no judging her. She then proceeded to tell me how funny she thought it was that she was still sealed to her previous husband, and he was married to someone else, and also that she was married to a non-member and that she always jokes to both her ex husband and current husband about how she will be another wife to her first husband... at this point it got slightly awkward because it was a little strange. Apparently her and her ex husband have an amazing relationship still, so she's quite happy to still be templey married to him. I think I changed the subject by saying something like 'that's what's awesome about being a mormon — we can laugh at ourselves.' But I don't think that's what she was going for with her story.

Nothing else crazy eventful happened today, my train was late, and then they turned it into an express train and it missed three stops and I got to work on time. Amazing. I've never had that happen before, kind of crazy.

I also watched the end of Boyfriend For Christmas again on Christmas 24.... i love that movie, it's so lame, but it's amazing at the same time.

I watched some Dead Like Me, I rested my eyes, I watched the end of another lame Christmas 24 movie, I watched the end of beetlejuice and I watched the very end of jonathan Ross and he had three priests singing Silent Night at the end, it was A MAZE ING.

And that pretty much sums up Friday I think.

I definitely need to blog smog more. Definitely.

I also found out today I can get a large discount off iPods. I wish I had money so I could use these discounts. I mean, I love LOVE my old ipod, but for the third time this week I've had to frantically rub the back of it where the battery is because it's cold. And when it's cold it doesn't recognise the charge in the battery, so I have to warm the battery, it annoys people on the train because they don't know what I'm doing, and they fear what they don't know.

I've also began coveting deeply the new matt screen 17inch mac book pro... every now and then I go over and rub it. I feel like i'm cheating on the 17 inch mac daddy pro 1, I'm not though. I love 17inch Mac Daddy Pro 1. He's just almost 3 years old, and I don't trust technology past it's 3 year sale date.

I do declare that it is bedtime though. I don't feel tired, but as soon as I get into bed I'm sure I will be.

1 comment:

Tari said...

Weird experience with that American customer! It is so easy to not judge people in conversation until they start talking, huh? I'd have felt really awkward, too!