Friday 18 December 2009

A series of fortunate and unfortunate events.

I'm lacking in the age run down weekly blog thing.

I'm lacking in the blog thing in general.

Today.

As a list.

Not so good
1. I heated my milk for my cornflakes this morning and there was a weird yellow film on one side when I took it out the microwave. It looked like melted butter. I thought it was just a skin or something. I poured the cornflakes in and took one bite and it tasted like hot melted butter. I took a second bite just to make sure.

2. I didn't have time to make another breakfast.

3. I left the house without bongela (for my mouth ulcers), a pen for work, and my train pass.

4. A stole a pen at work from the till, and it burst within an hour, all over my t-shirt, jumper, hand, name tag, jeans and later that day I discovered my pocket and leg were covered in ink as well.

5. I missed my lunch hour by 50 minutes, because I was being lame and couldn't put through a personal set-up data transfer.

6. I had to work until 8pm

7. When I caught the train home a drunk guy was confused and gave me the responsibility of getting him off the train at his stop. When I woke him he wouldn't listen or get off, and I eventually said 'No seriously, this is your stop, I'm not even joking' at which point he looked out the window himself and leapt up and got off the train.

8. How I met your mother season 4 episode one was pish... I really really really don't like the actress from Scrubs. She was a bad cast. The rest of the cast were good because they were kind of no-names or been-trying-for-ages-famous-in-cult-circles-names. Bad cast.

9. When I got in from work I sat on the couch waiting for How I met your mother only to realise it wasn't on for another hour, and then the cat sat on me. When I went upstairs to change I could smell something weird, and thought it was my bed (where the cat sits), or my jumper, then I realised it was on face, because it had been rubbed off my hair. Yes, the cat had fish-juiced on my hair a little. I severely need to get her dressed. I would have this month but I got taxed 35% and I'm still raging about it.

10. I have a gouge in my finger, it's small but it hurts.

11. My sister woke me up 15 minutes before I was meant to be up and this is how everything started going bad. She needed keys because the girl can never be trusted with keys, she can never be trusted with anything. I'm glad her daughter can walk otherwise she would have lost her by now. Seriously. I remember going to see Bambi or something in the cinema and having to take charge of the money because my sister would somehow lose it. She's four years older than me, I must have been five and she nine when I was going to the cinema with the money.

Because she woke me 15 minutes early I felt hard done by and stayed in bed an extra hour, until 9:50. Then everything was just a rush. A pure rush.



AND I had a tonne of emails from 'a client' all about crazy stuff, and miscommunication I think.


Happy happy joy joy stuff

1. I got an email this morning from USCIS saying that our visa petition for me has been approved and a letter has been sent, to Jon.

I was actually so happy that I almost shed a tear... I welled but I didn't shed. It was the oddest relief.

2. I sold two computers today with a 50% attach rate of One-to-one.

3. I caught my train and got to work on time.

4. I didn't have to go outside in the snow in my iron man boots.

5. I caught my train home without waiting no more than 10 seconds for it to leave the station

6. I got to have an awesome shower after work (because of the gross cat smell hair)

7. It's almost Christmas. And Christ is awesome.

No comments: