Sunday 7 September 2008

Twas the Night Before Vikkimas (well two nights ago it was)

So, I should have been more on the ball, but I just had this idea... let's see if I can get it to work.

The night before christmas is my FAVOURITE christmas story. I have this amazing book that I've had since I was a child, and it's my joint favourite christmas book along with the first nativity and the one that ends in 'who delivers presents to santa claus.'

Here we go.

The night before Vikkimas

'Twas the night before Vikkimas, when all through the gaff

Only Zero was stirring, and she was causing a faff;



The converse were heaped by the window with care,

In hopes that St Vikk soon would be there;



Vikki was nestled all snug in her bed,

While visions of swimming pools splashed in her head;

And Zero with her whiskers, curled up on my lap,

Had just settled down for a long September's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The streetlights shone on the new-fallen glass

And made them all orange-y, and sparkley in their mass.

When, what to my wondering eyes should manifest,



But a miniature Ka, and eight of her friendliest ,

With an awesome wee driver, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Vikk.

More rapid than Leo-Pards her amigas they came,

And she whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Annie! now, Mary! now, Toni and Blair!

On, Eilidh! on Charla! on, Jeannie and Claire!

To the top of the stars! to the top of the mall!

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As superheroes go St Vikk she can fly,

When they all fly together the stars twinkle in the sky,

So up to the house-top the friends they all flew,

With the sleigh full of M&Ms, and St. Vikk too.



And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roofs

The prancing and dancing of skills' hoofs.

As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,

Through the window St. Vikk flew with a bound.

She was dressed in a Leo-Tard, cape and tights,

And her hair was all flowing, her muscles were a sight;

A bag of M&Ms she had flung on her back,

And she looked like a junkie that had just found some crack.

Her eyes -- how they twinkled! her dimples how merry!

Her cheeks were like roses, her nose like a cherry!

Her sharp wee mouth looked ready to lash,

And the dint in her chin took the attention off her tash;

She chewed M&Ms held tight in her teeth,

And the stars encircled her head like a wreath;

She had a round face and a wee pot belly,

She loved music, and movies but not really the telly.

She was skinny and short, a right fiesty Scot,

And I laughed when I saw her, in spite of what i'd been taught;

A wink of her eye and a twist of her head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

She spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And replaced all the converse ; but wouldn't share the M&Ms – the jerk,

And laying her finger aside of her nose,

And giving a nod, squashed it in and flattened her nose;

She flew to her ka, to her team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.



But I heard her exclaim, ere she drove out of sight,

"Happy Vikkimas to all, and to all a good-night."

No comments: