Friday 10 October 2008

My Chinese Name.

Last Friday on the drive back from Provo with Marcus (after his missionary reunion where we pitched up together then realised everyone thought we were dating so then he gave me a ring and I flaunted it to see how many rumours we could start, and people would ask, so where did you guys meet... Ummm on the mission, where else? High school? Ha) we were shooting the breeze china style, and then we were trying to think of an awesome chinese name for me.

We decided that Li Fung was a pretty name, so went with that as my new first name :)

Marcus suggested that my surname should be something that at leasts starts with an M though. And I was talking about how Miller must have a literal translation, or at least baker would have a literal translation I remembered the little Chinese (and I mean little) that I learned from reading that book in borders while waiting for Eilidh, I knew the word Mao (which means cat).

I also kept thinking that the chinese for caterpillar started with an M, that was the first chinese word I ever learned and Xia Fan taught it to me last year sometime. I've forgotten it now. She also told me the words for goat, rat and pig.

So I think it could be set though:

Mao Li Fung.

meaning: Cat Phoenix.

Oh yeah... who's a chinese superhero? ME.


(while also reading those books I learned that Zero's name translates straight into chinese as Ling... so Mao Li Fung and Mao Ling will fight for justice, truth, and the... umm... love?)

No comments: