Friday 20 March 2009

I've been waiting...

... I've been waiting for this moment all my life.



I love this song. I saw the Silversun Pickups with Mary and Nevada like 2 years ago at the Indian Summer Festival in Victoria Park, Glasgow. Brilliant festival, brilliant line up, and so close to my house. Good weather too.

Anyway, I had no idea who they were then, and then I came across some of their stuff – honestly, I have songs appear in my iTunes that I don't know where it came from.

I love this song though because it always reminds me of RockBand2 now. Moan, and sigh as you will, it's true. Good memories though.

And today, after a meeting with the new Head of Digital at Good, I was leaving the car park and it was playing and I realised that there are things going on my life just now that I have waited my whole life for, and sometimes, because it was so fast, so unexpected, and so real I forget how wonderful and exciting it is. I think the misery of being so far away always overshadows the joy and makes it feel more like a dream or something I imagined.

How cruel would that be if I was to wake up one day and still be 18. I would hate that. I love living life. I came across a fantastic quote on a SLC guy's blog the other day. I don't know him, he doesn't know me, but I enjoy his posts on occasions.

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."
- Omar Khayyam


And I am tremendously happy – regardless of distance – I just have to always remember that.

No comments: