Monday 16 March 2009

The Return of Vizzle M – like return of the mac but not.

Once upon a time I read a book and it mentioned the Ocean Dome in Japan.

I always wanted to go.

I just read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyazaki_Ocean_Dome

now I can't go. Well, I could always brake in.

I bet it will open again one day.

Ahhh those Japanese, they are awesome.

Anyway... in other news, on my way home tonight – I was driving again – I went to turn left, and crossed straight over the three lanes to get into the right hand lanes.

This was a major fopa because I am now back in Scotland as of 6pm yesterday (thank you British Airways and Terminal 5).

Luckily I nipped that mistake in the driving bud half way into the third lane, giving me just enough time to turn my little ka ka ka ka ka into the third lane of the left hand side of the road. Good job me.

So I'm home.

That's pretty much it.

My first flight was an exit row seat so I had extra room. Then I got to LA and struggled getting the magical A bus between terminals. I really hate LAX. This is a fact. Terminal 5 in Heathrow is a breeze in comparisson, and it has a wagamama in it. Mega.

My second flight was on a huge huge jumbo jet and I had a special request put in for a window seat, which I got. I actually had to kick an indian woman who smelled slighly of spices out of my seat. She also had so many bags with her that it was unreal, and she fought with the air hostesses for them and they had to put them in their cabin because they're not allowed to lift bags, and the over heads were too high up for me, never mind her and she was shorter than me.

So I ended up in the front row with a wall in front of me – extra leg room again. And I had all three seats to myself – ya beauty. However, the arm rests didn't go up so it was not my future bed. Then an Irish man came and sat on the aisle seat. Keith was his name and he was a rare laugh. We chatted until we took off, and then until we got our dinner and then i started watching Happy Go Lucky. I fell asleep half way through then turned it off fully when it ended and went to sleep. I tossed and turned and moved. The secret was two pillows, and two blankets, and no shoes but british airways socks and a british airways eye mask. Sincerly.

When I woke up, I checked the 'time left of flight' and it was 1 hour and 40 minutes!

I kid you not.

So I slept for about 8 hours. No way hosea... yeah I said that.

First time that's ever happened. Except that time on the bus back from london in first year when we were on our art and design trip and I slept the whole way back on the bus with my postman pat pillow.

Terminal five was a pure breeze and the Irish guy let me bolt out in front of him because I had a short lay over. I totally made it though and still had good ettiquette. That's all that matters, to be fair.

Then I got my Glasgow plane and was in the exit row again with three seats to myself, then I was back in Glasgow. Josb done. Fact.

It might not have been first class again, but it was a mighty cushy trip – yet again. British airways are my friend.

I got in at six, stayed awake until 10 and woke up at 11:30 today because of the gas man... jet lag beaten? we'll soon see.

I tell you, when I woke up this morning I was so confused. The past 3 odd months felt like a dream almost. A fantastically amazing dream. I was even happier to realise that it was reality and i would get to go back in seven weeks. That's (let me count)58 sleeps until I see my boy again. Pleased. SUCK, that's eight weeks, and one day. NO.

Lame lame lame.

I feel cheated. Ha.




In other news, the song Talk Like That by the Presets is fantastic and I listened to it a lot today. It reminds me of Salt Lake City Urban Outfitters.

No comments: