Friday 27 November 2009

The Return of... ... FRIDAY STATS!

Yes. Toady has become a monumental day. I have, for the first time in four months, just been swimming.

It's actually well over four months. In fact, one might project that it is closer to five months, if not over five months.

I can tell you.

It hurts.

I've taken 'breaks' from swimming before, but none this long. It usually does take one or a half session to wake up my muscles and have them remember what they already knew, but today was a painful trip. I actually had to get out the pool at one point and do some kind of muscle squeeze slap stretch thing because I was convinced I wasn't going to be able to walk again, and that was only after doing 200m of front crawl kick. It usually is difficult, but not that difficult.

Anywhere... here they are:

200m front crawl
200m breast stroke
200m front crawl legs
100m breast stroke legs
25m butterfly legs
25m back stroke legs
25m butterfly legs
25m back stroke legs
200m front crawl arms (with paddles
200m breast stroke arms (with paddles)
50m front crawl
50m beast stroke
400m front crawl with paddles and flippers
200m front crawl
100m swim down/fanny about.

80 lengths, 2000m, 2km in 68 minutes.

The pool was pure heaving with people as well, and there were some really rude guys. Seriously, I was in the 'medium' lane, and it ended up being filled with all these big guys that thought they were fast but not fast enough for the fast lane. I was seriously mad... they had bad swimming pool etiquette, and beyond that I was the only girl. So I had to hold my own and prove that was fast enough to be in the medium lane. It was actually not that fun, and I was in so much pain most of the time.

I've also decided that I need to stop going swimming with guys... I might start going to Ladies night or something because guys are gross and totally pervy. I suppose I check out their moobs, it's true... in more of a 'i'm repulsed, swim more way' haha.

When I was in the shower after getting out I starting craving thinly sliced roast beef. I'm not even kidding.

It's been ages since i've craved beef, and I've been fine with that, quite happy, but this is no coincidence that it happened immediately after tearing some muscles and wearing myself down. So I think it might be related, the breaking down of muscle is usually replaced with protein... hence drinking or consuming large amounts of protein while doing heavy work outs.

I took one of my beetroot blood builder pills that I got in Wholefoods and I also consumed, or rather, inhaled a Terry's Chocolate Orange bar that I conveniently bought at the petrol station when I filled up the car. The car is full. I think it's the first time the car has been full in a long long long long time. She's happy... cold, but happy.

I also decided today that if I ever owned a swimming pool I would put heated towel rails in ever locker. I need to go swimming more often because I always come up with fantastic ideas afterwards.

before heading out I got held up slightly because I indulged in some facebook chat with my totally awesome Bulgarian friend. She who is actually a kind of mutual friend/acquaintance of mine and Jon's, and she who kind of brought us together.

She's back in Bulgaria, and I totally want to go see her. I totally want to go to Bulgaria, that's a fact. When I watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when I was wee I thought the place they flew to was Bulgaria, but it's actually Vulgaria. It will always be Bulgaria to me, and when I go to Bulgaria, I will be where Chitty, Dick Van Dyke, his grubby children, Uncle Alfred, and the child catcher were.

Amazing.

No comments: