Saturday 20 March 2010

Ring a Ding Ding 2

So, on the pursuit for a ring, I came across some interesting things.

A Posy ring is one of those interesting things. Apparently in times of betrothal and arranged marriages people would give each other posy rings as a sign of their secret love for each other. It was quite the sentiment.

I came across this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400105719841&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This ring is about 300 years old or something, which is kind of crazy. I absolutely loved the engraving:



"I love and like my choice."

My most amazing find this week is this:





Which yet again is an ebay treasure.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280479405857&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT


There's something about the hand carved tiffany logo, and the script written date that just blow my mind. I love typography, it's true. That is an honest fact about Vikki Miller Queen of the World.. she loves typography. In fact, I want a headstone that says something to that effect and you better believe the font, and the leading and the kerning better be perfect on it. I would also appreciate hand carving and skill in carving my name out of stone :)

Even although I have a ring, which I know I will love, it's hard for me to stop looking to see what else is out there. For a time after getting married, my friend Skillso Millso was still in wedding hunting mode, looking at wedding things, and still planning a 'what I would and should have done wedding.' That's already happening to me. Although I know there are certain things I will not budge on... Like my most awesome and amazing dress. Seriously it rocks.

My petticoat was delivered today but I missed the postman by 4 minutes, gutted. So I might have to get it in the morning if i'm up early enough to shower and get to the post office and catch the train for work.

I started work on my jacket guy last night, my mum and I were making a 'mock up' to work out any pattern kinks, and she even let me sew some of the cuff, awesome. I managed to mess it up, loosen the seam, cause a thread jam, and scald the fabric with an iron, so I suggested that when it come to making the real thing I have no part in it. She smiled at me... which was to say 'I love you daughter of mine, you have great skill in many things, but yes, you are right, you shouldn't touch the real thing.'

Vizzle my mizzle miller is tired. I should go to bed.

Today in Apple my friend Lee and I were discussing the awesome of having an Mc Surname, because it is my future and his present. And then he remarked... it will be cool because you will be V McD... which is what I said many months ago. The death of Vizzle M will spawn Veeeeee McDeeeee the newest rapper name on the block. Vizzle M will have come back tours though. I can guarantee it.

No comments: