Friday 12 March 2010

Swim

I went swimming without a towel today. It's not the first time that's happened. Luckily this time I noticed before I paid, got in the pool, had a shower and got in the changing room. The first time I had Toni with me and we towel shared. This time I went back to the car and considered driving home to get a towel. I have very little to no petrol and I went to a pool further away from me because of the fiasco of the last time I went to the local pool. I got in the car and noticed a fleece blanket (from Ikea) that i have on the back seat. I thought for a second, crammed the blanket into my bag and went swimming.

That was 1.

While in the changing room I realised I had no bobble to tie my hair up with.

That was 2.

While cramming my hair into my swimming hat in a weird way because there was no bobble I pinged myself in the eye with the tight elastic.

That was 3.

I had an amazing swim though. The whole time I felt like I was following my old coach's words of 'Swim as fast as you can, your body won't let you go faster than you can go.' It was fast. I had the lane to myself as well for the majority, then some arse-man almost clobbered me when I was on 1600m. Idiot.

Stats:

1hr and maybe a couple of minutes over.

200m Front Crawl
200m Breast Stroke
50m Back stroke
50m one armed butterfly
50m Back stroke
50m One armed Butterfly
200m Front crawl legs
50m butterfly legs only
50m Back stroke legs only
100m Breast stoke legs only
50m Front crawl arms only
50m back stroke arms
50m butterfly (one armed) arms
50m breast stroke arms

400m Front Crawl with paddles and flippers

400m Front Crawl

150m Swim down



Things I have learned today:

Fleece blankets are not good towels. They do, however, keep you warm for a while and take off surface water, but have no adsorption at all. In fact, I would suggest never ever using a fleece blanket instead of a towel unless it is completely necessary.

No comments: