Tuesday 17 February 2009

Dress.

So, I found this dress on ebay a while ago, in a size 2. The 0 fitted but was a little tight. So I was humming and hawing over what size and if it would fit and if I wanted to pay £130 for it, and this and that and the next thing. Then I was speaking to ericka yesterday and she said do it. It's for Toni's wedding and subsequently will be used to Mary's wedding. Hopefully neither one will notice.

Anyway, I ended up pushing buy it now and then felt so utter unappeased because it wouldn't let me bid because I was british. There was a block on the .co.uk accounts. So I emailed the girl and asked if I could bid. I then got out of bed (because it was 2pm), and started cleaning.

I scrubbed the toilet, bleached all the sinks (three of them), changed bed sheets, cleaned the coffee table, did all the dishes, sewed two belt loops on a pair of trousers that had broken (I did a soild job of that I might add, while watching scrubs and Dead Like Me), Washed and dried the other bed sheets, folded some washing, cleaned all the worktops and I think that was it. Then I signed in online again to see if my email had been answered. It had. I was now able to bid. Two hours had passed. I went onto the page and couldn't find the buy it now button. It had gone. Where was it. Then I realised the auction had ended and I had not won. Someone else had bid in the two hours I had waited for the dress to be open to me. So mad. So mad. I felt like I was being punished for cleaning or something.

I was in a huff and a half.

Right before going to bed I checked ebay out of general curiosity to see if there was any more of the dress just listed. My chances were slim, I doubted it greatly, however... this was on offer.

I didn't know what to do... a size 4. Would it be too big. Stupidly I emailed the person asking if they had a size 2 (because the listing says such things). I got a reply this morning that they only had the 4 or a 0. 10 seconds later I bought the 4. Here's hoping it works out. We'll know in 3-5 days. It's coming from Arizona, so hopefully it won't be too long.

EXCITED DOT COM. The best part about it is that I can leave it here until may as well. Awesome.

So that was the excitement for my day.

I think, today, I might start writing my novel again and or do a typographic piece. I miss doing typography for arts sake.

I am Vikki T Miller Mdes Bdes (Hons) MISTD (member of the international society of typographic designers) afterall. M M M M EGA.

and when they were assessing my work submitted for that title they looked at mine as one of the first and used it to compare all the other work to. I set the standard for entry. I kid you not. So anyone that got better than me got commendations.

One day, I hope my letters are FISTD. Ahhhh the STD. I love them. I also owe them money. Maybe i'll ask to be in their club next year again.

No comments: