Wednesday 18 February 2009

Tuesday Stats

I've been fighting off a cold/flu thing for the past week. My immune system is pretty solid because I partake of Astragulus every day, and i've been taking it for almost a year.

so when I get sick i'm still functioning, i just get symptoms one at a time and they don't really hurt or irritate me. Last week I had a headache all week, all week. It was one of those low, dull, niggling, constant ones. Lame.

And this week I have a sore throat. Although I think that's going away today.

Last week I also fell over a number of times and bruised a lot of myself, so I think i had ear ache as well, but on a miniscule scale.

I went swimming yesterday, because it boosts the immune system and makes things happy again – doing exercise that is. I think it also spreads disease and infection to anyone else in the water. Alas. I am a cow.

However, I wasn't really feeling it, so my session was back to normal and I was swimming 2000yds in 55 minutes. I hate not having a meter pool here. Really. That extra meter and a half makes all the difference to my stroke.

Stats

200yds FC
200yds BS
100yds BC
100yds BF

(with flippers)
200yds FC legs
50yds BC legs
50yds BF legs
100yds BS legs

(with paddles)
200yds FC arms
50yds BC arms
50yds BF arms
100yds BS arms

400yds FC arms legs flippers paddles

8x25yds FC/BS 25yds sprint FC.

50yds swim down

Total: 200yds time: 55 minutes.



I then walked to the institute building and bumped into Poulson and he sat with me through the lecture, which was rather interesting, given that a year ago he and I were not friends. Hmmm. Alas. His eyes were as bloodshot as ever. As soon as it ended I walked off, drifted per say. I wasn't going to hang about and boost his ego or something by looking like I wanted to be part of his crew and talk to him and what not.

On my walk to the institute building my hair froze. it was quite spectacular. I tried to take pictures of it, but it didn't really come out too well.



I only had me wee camera with me, but I wish I had had my big one with a tripod there would have been some beautiful shots with a slow shutter speed. Alas. I was on foot and public transport so I was trying to travel as light as possible. Here's a couple of potential shots that would have been better with the Big Canon.







On my way home on the trax there was a random man, that I thought was my friend Matt, but wasn't, and I'm so pleased that I didn't sit next to him and talk to him. But this half Jamaican was taking pictures of random people on the train, and he took like 2 or 3 of me. I didn't care so much. I think if I did that would make me a hypocrit. I have a crap load of pictures of people that I thought looked cool. I'm just a bit more subtle at picture taking than this stoner was.

Anyway, my favourite sign on the trax, and I don't know if i've blogged about this before, but I love it is this one:



Shirt and Shoes is a requirement. Always remember that.

I was wearing my Uggs yesterday and my feet were cosier than a sheep. Well as cosy as a sheep. So I was taking some pictures for a blog that I contribute to called Gypsy Feet, owned by the awesome Laura. None of these really worked out or captured the essence of what I was going for. That and Uggs aren't made for the snow. Contrary to popular belief. They are not water proof, they stain in the snow and wet, and they don't have a good grip. In fact, while walking in these after being in the snow I felt like I was elevated 2cm off the ground. The snow just caked to the bottom, it was weird. I also decided to risk the potential of stainage to get some good golden boot shots in the snow. I'm sad none of them turned out good enough. Maybe I'll go out again today with my big camera. Once I get some work done. :)









Also, if anyone has any freelance design work that needs doing, give me a bell. Vizzle M needs work and money.

xxx

No comments: