Friday 23 October 2009

The Lurgee

In my older years I've developed crazy dust allergies, and that means that when I sleep I always ALWAYS wake up with some kind of congested nose and sore throat.

Last week was the best week of my life and for some reason there was no nose or throat soreness when I woke up. It was wonderful.

I must have got far too excited and used to it, because last night I couldn't actually get to sleep because I seem to have developed some kind of new disease that will keep me congested until the cows come home. I had to sleep, last night, with an Olbas Oil soaked tissue under my nasal allocated face space and breathe that in all night otherwise there was no sleeping.

Such is life.

I don't want to get sick.

Gar.

But the lurgie is unavoidable. Especially since I spent most of this week being absolutely freezing. Kid you not. My house is freezing. When I was going to Apple Final Cut Pro traning on Wednesday I said to my wee brother 'Oh brother of mine, it is so utterly freezing in this here housing establishment' and he said 'I know, it's warmer outside.'

I laughed.

I went outside.

He was right.

No comments: