Friday 4 September 2009

The Hills Were Alive.

I finally watched and reached the end of the sound of music. Man it was tense. I was at the edge of my seat the whole time wondering if they would get away or not. Rolf represents every boy in the world that has ever broken the heart of a girl by leading her on and taken without giving.

So here's a random fact. While I was in Austria 5 years ago (gosh 5 years ago) I went on the Sound of Music tour, it was amazing. yes. And the tour guide told us that the hills at the end of the movie are actually the mountains to Germany. They used them for visualisation purposes, the actual mountains the Von Trapps climed were the mountains to Switzerland. Furthermore, had the Von Trapps, for real, climbed the mountains they climbed in the movie the would have walked past one of Hitler's holiday home cabins, where he was actually spending that weekend.

Just as well the real Vonn Trapps got the right mountains.





The Gazeebo... I am sixteen going on seventeen. OR Somewhere in my Youth or childhood, I must have done something good.




The chapel where Maria and the Captain are married. That's me sitting there, wishing and hoping :)




The yellow wall from the beginning where Maria sings 'I have confidence in confidence alone...'




La Fa Do Ra Mi So Ra La Do Fa So Ti Do So

The Do Ra Mi Fa So La Ti Do stairs. Sorry for the weird crop. I was in my 'crazy squint photography stage' five years ago, so a lot of photos from my Europe trip are now just un-lookable, you just can't tell what they are meant to be without you throwing up.




Tour guide... heck yeah.




The mansion and the Lake. Sigh. So pretty.

No comments: