Saturday 5 September 2009

I has a happy.

My insides have a happy:



I just got home from seeing the Dodos.

I was in two minds whether to go at first, and it's been a long time since I've been to a gig so I'd forgotten how much I lived for them.

I ended up going on my own because of the last minute decision I made to go, that and my gig buddies have started dropping like flies... not literally dying, but just vanishing.

Anyway.

It was amazing. And I stood right at the front, in the middle, and didn't really care. The girl next to me was on her own too. It was pretty cool. I had to go early because I couldn't get tickets online, and I had to endure the two support bands, who were mediocre to say the least.

Being right at the front meant I couldn't hear completely well because the speakers were slightly behind me. After taking a few shots (the best thing about an SLR is that you can hide behind it and it gives confidence when you're on your own) I was going to move back so I could hear better, but I stayed put. The energy coming from the stage was too addictive to leave.

Seriously. The Dodos know how to play. Sincerely. I saw them about a year ago in the same venue and they knew how to play then as well. I think they've since replaced their percussionist — who used to smack a large bin (trash can) during one of the songs.

This all being said, I am now officially in love. Sorry Jon if you're reading this... I am going to become a groupy and stalk the lead singer of the Dodos. He actually looks partially Indian as in American Indian rather than India Indian. He also looks like the wee boy from third rock from the sun and I used to hefty HEFTY fancy that wee boy when I was younger... I would watch that show just for him in it.

Amazing.

So that's the future plans. Stalk the Dodos' kid.

After a small amount of research I've discovered my new loves name is Meric Long. Pretty badical.

Some quickly edited shots:




































And these were two that happened because I still (after three years) don't know how to use my camera.










*Random disclaimer... I do, in fact, still love Jon.

No comments: