Friday 11 September 2009

Someone let the cat out of the ba(g)th

I know I talk about my cat... A LOT.

But I have to tell you what she just did. It was so photographic worthy that personal hygene was momentarily cast aside in order to capture the moment.

Some background first.1

1. Zero is a house cat.
2. She will only drink fresh water from the tap (so we ahve to leave the tap on for her)
3. She used to love drinking out the bath
4. When she was sixth months old I tried to toilet (ceramic toilet) train her — it was going well but then it turned into a disaster because my skills of making an in toilet cat litter tray was a fail.








5. Since then she has liked water, and watching her reflection in the toilet.
6. Since then she started going for number two in the bath plug hole while the water she drinks from the tap dripped on her special presents and augemented the smell.
7. For the past 5 months I have been filling the bath with water so she doesn't toilet in it. (this has worked... she goes in her tray.)
8. In the past few weeks she's been appearing with wet paws and the bathroom has been wet.
9. I just caught her climbing into the bath to try and get a drink from her tap. Observe:













She eventually got out the bath once I drew too much attention to her, and when I was brushing my teeth she went to carefully climb back in, but because her paws were wet she slipped and fell... but landed on her feet because of that elasticated back bone of her. Ahhh cats. And because she's a cat, she jumped out, sat on the floor and licked her paws to regain dignity. She got her pride back that's for sure.

And, once I have enough money I plan on buying a real toilet training kit and getting her trained again... she likes going in water not litter... I would too... litter sticks to your feet... water is cleaner. Go clean cats.

No comments: