Wednesday 9 July 2008

Pecan Pie and Things I have Learned in my life Like how to make Pecan Pie.

Today is Zero's third birthday. So I'm making her cake, or rather Pecan pie. I took a recipe from the wonderful and fabulous Green and Blacks cook book. Amazing.

So, The week has been filled with work, Claire and cleaning (and a short jaunt to edinburgh airport to send my brother on his way).

I left my laptop in the Beir Halle last night after Claire and I munched some pizza. I've not eaten pig in a long time, but for some reason I love black pudding - which is pig.

I could never be a real vegetarian because of Black Pudding.

Anyway... I had black pudding and egg on the pizza. It was incredible.

Tonight I met with my new violin teacher. So exciting. I was terrible, but he said my posture was good, and my sight reading was quite good having not properly played in seven years.

Seven years.

Last week I bought racist Tin Tin in borders as well as Stefan Sagmeisters: Things I've Learned In My Life So Far.

Aparently Sagmeister has only learned 20 things in his life so far, my favourites among them are 'Everyone who is honest is interesting' and 'Trying To Look Good Limits My Life.'

So I've been thinking about things I've leatned in my life so far.

I've been toying with the idea that I've learned that: My Mother and my teachers don't know everything, Having beliefs and morals is essential, Passion is attractive, Being scantily clad only bring temporary, unstable, meaningless attention.

Trying to look good really does limit my life. That's a fact.

I used to want to be cool in school, I thought having brand names would help.

Then I became rock/goth/punk and then I didn't know who I was any more.

I still don't. I found a picture of me from 2005. I looked older than i do now because i was wearing suit jackets and dressing more womanly rather than kiddly. I dress like a boy that's a fact.

I think I stopped caring. Perhaps that will end up being my demise.

Zero's birthday party was amazing. Is amazing.

I think I just made the best pecan pie that's ever existed.

Fact.

No comments: