Monday 11 August 2008

Aaron Eckhart's and Heath Ledger's Deformed Lips

I went to see Batman on Friday night at 11:10pm. The movie didn't start until 11:35 and I was in there until 2:05am. Madness.

I love going to the cinema on my own at stupid times on a random whim. So good. So good.

Batman was rather incredible. Although it was just like lord of the rings three: IT WOULDN'T END. There was just ending after ending. I thought it was over weeks before it actually did end. But I am glad they got so much into it.

I remember watching Batman Begins in Utah on my second last night and being engaged in a conversation about how that style of filmography has been the best way to portray, not only batman, but a lot of superheroes. Although, I don't think it can be compared to the original two Superman movies. Incomparible.

As I sat watching Batman, with, not just the entire middle row, but the two side rows to myself, a freezing cold nose, and my purple and black striped hood up, I realised that the scene in Kill Bill where Bill talks about his favourite superhero is entirely relevant.

Of famous superheroes and their movies, we have Batman, Spiderman, Superman (and Buffy). There might be more, but correct me if i'm wrong, these are the core three.

Batman is an ordinary man, spiderman is genetically mutated and superman is an alien.

What's stopping me from being batman though. I've always professed to be a superhero and no one every really believes me. Take that. Ka Pow (that was a 60s Batman homage there).

So there you have it.

I

Am

A

SUPERHERO.

It's about time we all stopped denying it.

A big round of applause to the awesome Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart (who is a devout mormon), Maggie Gyllenhaal (who I was so pleased replaced the stupid squinty faced Joey from Dawson's creek), Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and the awesome blue eyed, chisled cheek boned Cillian Murphy.

A mas entertaining movie. All your lips were supreme.

No comments: